Friday, March 13, 2009

When I Falter...

Every time my strength begins to falter; every time my resolve begins to erode, God sends His Word to refresh my soul. The task before is one that continually tears me down…but where is my strength found? Where does my help come from?

Does anything worth doing come without cost? And yet He is there to refresh me. My responsibility to His direction is obedience. But He doesn’t leave me with just duty. He comes and refreshes my soul. Why? By His grace. Because that’s Who my God is.

Hosea 6:1-3 (TNIV) “Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.”

Why we stepping out in faith as a church? Because we’ve sensed His direction. It will be challenging to fulfill His call. But we also know that He will not leave us as orphans. He will come…

0 comments:

Post a Comment