Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Need Ears To Hear


Every time I have sought the Lord over the last several years concerning some difficult circumstances or needed direction I have heard Him say clearly only one thing.  I confess that every time He says it to me it frustrates me!  He doesn't tell me what I want to hear!!!  I am at times utterly perplexed and despairing (see 2 Cor 1:8).  I rant at Him "Just tell me what to do and I will do it!"  Ever been there?  

So what is it He keeps telling me?  "I am with you."  That's it!  I know, right?!?!  But maybe in my rantings and frustrations I am missing something. Maybe...just maybe, He is whispering to me the greatest thing that He could possibly say.  To know that I am not alone.  To know that I have not taken some wrong turn at some point.  To know that my Jesus Whom I love more than anything or anyone is with me...and He keeps having grace upon me to remind me of that.  After all the ways I have blown it.  All the times I have betrayed Him, disappointed Him...He is with me.  And if He is with me, then He loves me and is leading me whether I feel it or not.  He is holding me in His nail-scarred hands.  Shouldn't that be enough? After all, when I answered His call to "Preach the Gospel" my answer to Him was "Yes, as long as you're with me"  (Actually it was "HAHAHAHA, You're crazy or I am!  But if this is really You, then yes as long as you're with me")  Maybe He is simply reminding me of that moment of beginning over and over again.  How about that...while writing this I just thought of that. Heh. Cool.  He is with me.  It is enough.

  

2 comments:

Tom Hornikel said...

Eric, I have been there so many times this year. It's been an amazing ride, but God kept telling me, "I am with you." through it all. In my prayer, meditation, Bible study, and all, I kept getting that message. I see it coming to fruition right now. If God were not prodding me with this, I would likely have missed His messages for me. I am so thankful to the Lord above, and those who joined me in prayer for God to show me His paths, and lead me to His truth. I pray that same prayer for so many others who are seeking His way. God is good!

Kathy Malcolm Hall said...

SOOOOO glad to see you are blogging. Keep it up......it's a Lovely gift to hear your voice.
Sending you a PM soon... ; ) Hug your sweet fam.
Love, Kathy

Post a Comment