Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Daddy Fail!

Daddy Fail! My son was in the fourth grade dance recital thingy today that all fourth graders do. It was at 2pm,...and I missed it! I totally forgot! I have all kinds of reasons...Since resigning my schedule is erratic. It was in my calendar on my phone but I did not set the alarm with the event. I was filling out a questionnaire for a church interested in me to be their pastor. Roofers were here. I was working on a message that I will be speaking in Copley, OH this Sunday. I went grocery shopping for like an hour!

And somehow none of that makes up for my son coming home and asking me first thing, "Where were you?" I scrambled for half a second trying to figure out what he was referring to before remembering. Ack! Stab in the heart at his little face. I apologized profusely, but still feel horrible.

I guess if I was being rational, I would know that this will not be the only time I fail my son nor was it the first time. Good thing I am trying to teach him about the Lord so that he knows there is a Father in Heaven who will never fail him.

Well, blogging helps me feel better a little. I wonder if he does? If not, looks like it's a McDonald's night!...and ice cream! (That's right. I'm not above buying forgiveness!!)

1 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Thanks for the transparency!

Post a Comment