Thursday, September 10, 2009

My True North

My True North. I just listened to Bill George as part of The Forum 2009 Leadership Conference. He wrote a book called True North in which he encourages you to find out what your purpose and giftings are and then build on those strengths. Rick Warren's book Purpose Driven Life gives similar encouragement.

So I just wanted to blog/journal about what comes to mind when I think about God's purpose for my life and what really gets me juiced in ministry. There are a whole lot of things that I enjoy about ministry (and certain things I don't), but these are the ones that really touch a deep place of joy in my spirit. These are the ones that I am unconsciously driving toward all the time. I don't know how comprehensive this is, but these are the ones off the top of my head:

Preaching God’s Word
Seeing new believers pursue Jesus and live out a transformed/transforming life
Radical acts of generosity and compassion
Equipping, empowering and releasing people into ministry (Team building)
Passionate worship

What's God's purpose for your life? What is your True North?

0 comments:

Post a Comment