Thursday, February 12, 2009

Functional Atheism

Just a quick thought for you.

How does your life differ from that of an atheists? Some might point to beliefs or perhaps (mistakenly) to some level of goodness. But really...how does your life truly differ?
I am convinced that many Christians are living lives that are in effect lives that are indistinguishable in any kind of meaningful way from an atheist. Is it simply our belief system that separates?
In our constant pursuit of safety and security, we stop living by faith. Have you been able to say any of these lately?

"I have followed God to this point, and if He doesn't come through, I'm dead."
"I believe God told me to do 'this,' and I have positioned myself to obey. If I'm wrong my family and I are in trouble."

Is your journey one of belief; or one of faith? Atheists have a belief system and they navigate life by it. Christians have a belief system, but many do not find the intersect point within their life. It is their "spiritual side." Really? What is that? You see faith takes what we believe and (hopefully) what the Living God is saying to us and steps out of the boat.

Live the distinction. Let people see Jesus in your life, they don't care about your beliefs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment